Patient Care Technician
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
What Does It Mean To Earn Your Certification As A Patient Care Technician?
Through the Patient Care Technician Program, you are eligible for the Certified Patient Care Technician (CPCT), EKG Technician (CET) and Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) certifications. Certification candidates must be 18 years of age or older and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
Graduates of this program are strongly encouraged to pursue supervised administration of Phlebotomy and EKG tasks required for certification. These are additional requirements after obtaining employment in the field as a prerequisite to gaining certification as a Certified EKG Technician (CET) or a Certified Phlebotomy Technician (CPT) and are not included in this program.
The CPCT, CET and CPT ensure that you are ready to excel as a Patient Care Technician.
PATIENT CARE TECHNICIAN OUTCOMES
This certification ensures individuals can:
- Understand basic human anatomy and physiology, disease processes and medical terminology
- Understand basic patient care responsibilities, such as bathing, feeding, catheter care and more
- Ensure patient room cleanliness and perform safety checks
- Identify special care opportunities, concerns and settings
- Understand EKG readings and monitor vital signs
- Perform phlebotomy procedures, lab tests, blood glucose tests and exercise, nutrition and diet monitoring
- Communicate effectively and professionally
- Administer medications and assist with minor procedures
- Assist doctors and nurses with physical examinations
OVERVIEW OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY
The National Healthcareer Association (NHA) is one of the largest allied health certification providers in the nation. Since 1989, it has awarded over one million certifications and is validated and nationally recognized as providing students with the required level of knowledge to succeed in their chosen careers.
Select The Right Training Program For Your Goals
Our online Patient Care Technician program prepares you to work directly with patients in a variety of healthcare settings. Learn a wide variety of fundamental clinical tasks designed to set you apart in the competitive job market.
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST
Manoj is your Workforce Training Specialist. He is here to help you understand your program of study, payment options, and succeed! Get in touch with him to learn more about your program, Professional Workforce Development, and how to achieve your workforce development goals!
Interested in Another Program?
Washington Adventist University provides the highest quality training in order to best serve students and surrounding communities. Our specialized career training programs provide up-to-date and in-demand skills, preparation and certification, ensuring that everyone who completes our programs is of the highest caliber.