Change Your Life.
The healthcare and information technology fields are growing at an extraordinary rate, and our training programs are designed so you will be prepared for anything and everything you will face in your chosen industry.
Explore your career options in both of these burgeoning fields below.
Learn More About The Career Landscape Of Healthcare And Information Technology
How Healthcare Is Growing
An increasingly aging population is causing massive growth within the healthcare field. In fact, U.S. healthcare spending reached $4.1 trillion in 2020, or $12,530 per person, and is estimated to reach $6.2 trillion by 2028, according to the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
This growth has changed the landscape of healthcare. In addition to traditional healthcare roles like nurses, doctors, and specialists, there are a multitude of openings in positions such as medical assistant, EKG technician, patient care technician, and many more.
There’s no shortage of healthcare career possibilities in hospitals, clinics, physicians’ offices, and even government organizations.
The U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) reports healthcare jobs are projected to grow 16% through 2030, adding a total of about 2.6 million new jobs.
Medical assistants, dental assistants, and EKG techs are just a few of the in-demand jobs in the industry. Take a look at these healthcare career statistics:
- Medical assistant: Projected job growth is 18% through 2030 with an annual salary in 2021 of $37,190.
- Dental assistant: Projected job growth is 11% through 2030 with an annual salary in 2021 of $38,660.
- EKG technician: Projected job growth is 14% through 2030 with a starting salary ranging from $35,900 to $46,800.
In order to fill the gaps for in-demand jobs in high-growth sectors like healthcare, Southern Adventist University is dedicated to helping professionals develop necessary skills with our industry-recognized certificates.
- Time management
- Ability to work in a team
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Empathy and compassion
Ideal hard skills to possess within the health care industry include:
- Record vital signs
- Ability to read and analyze patient data
- Understand insurance plans and practices
- Knowledge of health care computer systems and databases
- Handling laboratory specimens and providing patient education
CHOOSE A PROGRAM THAT FITS YOUR CAREER GOALS!
How Information Technology Is Growing
We are in the midst of a technological revolution that is utterly changing the world as we know it. Both businesses and personal lives alike are impacted exponentially by the constant increases in the application of technology. Technology is a huge part of everyday life. In 2021 alone, the U.S. tech industry contributed approximately $1.8 trillion to the country’s overall gross domestic product (GDP), which equates to about 9.3% of total GDP.
According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), computer and IT jobs are projected to grow 13% through 2030, faster than average for all occupations.
Not only does the IT industry offer job security, but a promising income as well. The median annual wage for computer and IT employees was $97,430 in May 2021.
Depending on the area of IT you work in, job growth and annual income can increase. Take a look at these following IT career statistics from the BLS:
- Information security analyst: Projected job growth is 33% through 2030 with an annual salary in 2021 of $102,600.
- Computer and information research scientist: Projected job growth is 22% through 2030 with an annual salary in 2021 of $131,490.
- Software developer: Projected job growth is 22% through 2030 with an annual salary in 2021of $110,140.
Popular IT career roles exist within the cyber security, data science, and software development fields.
To be successful in the tech industry employees must hold a number of in-demand soft skills alongside the technical knowledge programs like our ensure that you know.
Ideal soft skills to possess within the tech industry include:
- Drive to help others
- Project management
Earning IT certificates online from Washington Adventist University helps you quickly up-skill, so you can confidently land the IT job you’ve been dreaming about.
CHOOSE A PROGRAM THAT FITS YOUR CAREER GOALS!
Interested in Another Program?
Washington Adventist University provides the highest quality training in order to best serve students and surrounding communities. Our specialized career training programs provide up-to-date and in-demand skills, preparation and certification, ensuring that everyone who completes our programs is of the highest caliber.