Healthcare IT Technician
AVERAGE STARTING SALARY
What Does It Mean To Earn Your Certification As A Healthcare IT Technician ?
Through the Healthcare IT Technician Program, you are eligible for 2 different tracks. One track includes the CompTIA Network+ certification (Net+) and the CompTIA A+ Certification while the other includes the CompTIA A+ Certification and the Certified Electronic Health Records Specialist (CEHRS) certification.
To become certified, candidates must be 18 years of age and possess a high school diploma or equivalent.
HEALTHCARE IT TECHNICIAN OUTCOMES
The Net+ certification ensures individuals can:
- Manage, maintain and troubleshoot a basic network infrastructure including using common ports and networking protocols
- Understand and use networking technologies, as well as basic network design principles
- Program, install and differentiate between common network devices
- Install and maintain both wired and wireless networks following standard protocols and using modern testing tools
- Troubleshoot performance issues
- Troubleshoot connectivity issues
- Support security on the network as well as set up controls and security for individual users
- Identify and explain common IT issues
The CompTIA A+ Certification ensures individuals can:
- Understand the basics of technology, networking and IT security
- Understand operating systems and basic troubleshooting methodology
- Identify hardware and security components
- Understand best practices and be able to enact proper computer safety procedures
- Install, configure, maintain and upgrade PC workstations including Windows and SOHO networks
The CEHRS certification ensures individuals can:
- Understand and audit patient records to ensure they are compliant with legal and regulatory requirements
- Collect clinical information for various reports such as quality improvement studies
- Perform basic coding to submit claims for insurers
- Profess ROI requests for medical records
- Understand and review patients records to make sure they are complete and ensure proper collection of patient demographic and insurance information
OVERVIEW OF THE ISSUING AUTHORITY
The National Healthcareer Association (NHA) is one of the largest allied health certification providers in the nation. Since 1989, it has awarded over one million certifications and is validated and nationally recognized as providing students with the required level of knowledge to succeed in their chosen career. It awards the CEHRS certification.
The Computing Technology Industry Association (CompTIA) is a leading voice for information technology training having awarded more than 2.5 million IT certifications. It is a huge proponent of industry growth and also offers memberships for individuals within IT fields.
Select The Right Training Program For Your Goals
The Healthcare IT Technician program is designed to prepare students for a career in healthcare focused on Information Technology (IT).
MEET YOUR WORKFORCE TRAINING SPECIALIST
April is your Workforce Training Specialist. She is here to help you understand your program of study, payment options, and succeed! Get in touch with her to learn more about your program, Professional Workforce Development, and how to achieve your workforce development goals!
Interested in Another Program?
Washington Adventist University provides the highest quality training in order to best serve students and surrounding communities. Our specialized career training programs provide up-to-date and in-demand skills, preparation and certification, ensuring that everyone who completes our programs is of the highest caliber.